Our Mission Statements

To encourage young people to build an intimate Relationship with God with Him as our Guiding Companion.

To Acknowledge the gifts that God has given to us and to Empower us to use them through this Journey of faith.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A New Year - a new beginning?

Hey people!

How was your Christmas? Stuffed yourself with food and presents? Leave yourself some stomach for New Year Parties!

As 2009 comes to a close, we are confronted with the new year 2010. A lot of my friends are making a lot of New Year Resolutions now "I'm going on a diet in 2010 so that I can fit myself into those pretty dresses." "I'm going to study everynight in preparations for my 'O' levels this year.".

It's good to make resolutions but the question is: Do we follow them through? For me, I've learnt that making resolutions and not sticking to them is one of the best way of killing your self-confidence. So what do I do? I don't make any resolutions at all, cause everyday is a new beginning, so why must we wait for a new year to make resolutions?

Updates
1) Fund Raising - We wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to all who have supported us in our fund raising! We managed to raise 3k of which 1.5k will be going to IJHCC and the other 1.5k going towards youth efforts 2010. THANK YOU!

2) LiG 2010. Bible sharing. Fellowship. Ministry.

3) Youth Exhibition 2010 coming up!

4) Intercessories - Once every 2 weeks, a group of young adults and youths will come together to pray for the needs of everyone in the parish. If you have any petitions, please send them back to our email and we will pray for you:) This week, we pray especially for a prosperous and blessed New Year!

As this is the last email for 2009, let me say a big thank you to all who have supported us in one way or another over the past 2 years. You rock!

Peace,
Joachim

No comments: