Our Mission Statements

To encourage young people to build an intimate Relationship with God with Him as our Guiding Companion.

To Acknowledge the gifts that God has given to us and to Empower us to use them through this Journey of faith.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Everything Old is Made New Again

When I was younger, I looked at my mother's photos and laughed at them. What big earrings they have, mama! (all the better to look pretty with, my dear..) Nowadays, when I walk down Orchard Road and see gals with big earrings, I can't help thinking to myself: Those children of theirs are going to laugh at them next time (no offense to any ladies).
Fashion comes, goes and return. Each time with a slight variation. In the Old Testaments, God carved the 10 Commandments onto rock. He promised to throw away the old Laws and burn it into our hearts. He did what He promised; he sent the Living Law, His only Son, Jesus.
As Lent draws to a close, let us be reminded that He renews us constantly too. He wants to love us and He also wants to be reconciled with us. Let us then, move forward bravely to accept His love and once again, to renew our trust and faith in Him.

No comments: